How Counselling Helps
Counselling offers a safe and confidential space in which to explore your feelings. In fact, talking with a professional Counsellor can feel very different from confiding in family and friends. As counselling is impartial and non-judgemental, it also allows a greater sense of freedom to discuss all aspects of your difficulties.
In my practice, I strive to be a supportive guide as you make sense of the difficult thoughts and feelings you may have.
By offering you a balance of support and challenge, I will help you find a new way to see yourself and the issue, or issues, you are facing.
What counselling offers:
A safe impartial space to explore troublesome thoughts and feelings
An opportunity in which to reflect on your problems and address difficult issues
Gain a better understanding of yourself, and why you may tend to repeat unhelpful behaviour
A place to grieve, and deal with loss
Providing a path for growth
At its best, Counselling can provide you with a unique opportunity for personal growth and self-development.
• Self-awareness – A sense of clarity and understanding
• Learning to live more in the moment
• Managing your thoughts and feelings
• Learning to place more value on yourself
• Making sense of the past to help with the future
• Gaining more insight into your closest relationships
• Learning to feel less anxious
• Building your resilience
• Becoming more open to change
• More open to acceptance of yourself and others